PeCo Libraries
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To Whisper Her Name by Tamera Alexander (A Belle Meade Plantation Novel)

Go down

To Whisper Her Name by Tamera Alexander (A Belle Meade Plantation Novel) Empty To Whisper Her Name by Tamera Alexander (A Belle Meade Plantation Novel)

Post  WRB Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:45 pm

Rich in descriptive writing and historical detail, Tamera Alexander has penned another beautifully written novel. The story takes place in 1866, post civil war, on the Queen of Southern Plantations, Belle Meade, located in Tennessee. Belle Meade is known for its thoroughbred horses. Robert Green, a horse whisperer and head hostler at the plantation did actually hide the thoroughbred horses during the war to save them from being captured by the Union soldiers. I found myself totally engrossed in the scenes where they worked training these horses.

The story unfolds with a blooming and captivating romance, splashes of humor spread throughout, and a cast of characters you'll fall in love with early on in the story. I simply loved every chapter in this wonderfully written novel and look forward to the next book in the series. Just superb!

WRB

Back to top Go down