PeCo Libraries
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gone Girl, a Novel by Gillian Flynn

3 posters

Go down

Gone Girl, a Novel by Gillian Flynn Empty Gone Girl, a Novel by Gillian Flynn

Post  Bookworm Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:12 am

Nick and Amy Elliott Dunne, got married to have some fun, through loving and hating aplomb, discovered they function as one.
Amy is more clever than Nick as she plots and consummates her death with all evidence pointing to husband Nick's complicity. Her uncanny foresight enables her to hold in reserve plan B which, fortunate for him and her (correct grammar), she readily employs when things go predictably awry.
Amy is lovable and detestable, while Nick is blasé, confusing hatred and love.
Perhaps all marriages may benefit from at least a modicum of intrigue, which is here extolled to the extreme.
Fascinating read, but you gotta stay with it.
Bookworm
Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Gone Girl, a Novel by Gillian Flynn Empty Re: Gone Girl, a Novel by Gillian Flynn

Post  WRB Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:41 pm

This book took a lot of deep thought for the author to create the diabolical mind of Amy and the cleverly written storyline. However, I found the book to be filled with tawdry vulgarity throughout and it certainly didn't add to the storyline. I was turned off early on by this overused language.
The conclusion was lacking any kind of intensity - very pallid and a big let down. I do not recommend this book.

WRB

Back to top Go down

Gone Girl, a Novel by Gillian Flynn Empty Gone Girl

Post  dotty.wright Wed May 08, 2013 1:01 am

This was on my list of "to be read"s, but it was never on the shelf and too many others came between! So many books, so little time.....

dotty.wright

Back to top Go down

Gone Girl, a Novel by Gillian Flynn Empty Re: Gone Girl, a Novel by Gillian Flynn

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down