PeCo Libraries
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rose of Winslow Street by Elizabeth Camden

2 posters

Go down

Rose of Winslow Street by Elizabeth Camden Empty Rose of Winslow Street by Elizabeth Camden

Post  WRB Thu May 31, 2012 5:27 pm

The Rose of Winslow Street was an absolutely wonderful book and I savored it from start to finish! Elizabeth Camden is a new author for me and I'm so happy I stumbled onto this e book. Liberty Sawyer, a gifted artist, is kind and courageous, but illiterate and struggles with her low self esteem. Libby is torn between loyalty to her father and a relationship with Michael. Michael Dobrescu, illigitimate son of a Romanian Duke, is a strong but outspoken indidvidual and a bit overpowering at times. He cares deeply for his two motherless sons and a very fragile sister, Mirela. He arrives in Colden, Mass in a spectacular fashion to take over the Sawyer home which he claims was inherited from his uncle. A lot of drama unfolds with added humor. A very interesting part of the novel is learning how perfume is formulated from roses. Also, bits of Romanian culture is woven throughout. There's a very important lesson to be learned about accepting those individuals who are different. The story has a predictable ending, but a satisfying conclusion. This is truly a great book, especially if you like historical fiction!

WRB

Back to top Go down

Rose of Winslow Street by Elizabeth Camden Empty Welcome

Post  MJZ Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:15 am

It is very good to 'see' you here. I do like historical fiction and am intrigued by the added humor you mentioned. It does sound like a fun read. I'll have to look into getting a paper copy for those of us who haven't graduated to ebooks, yet. MJZ

MJZ

Back to top Go down