PeCo Libraries
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Return to Me (The Restoration Chronicles #1) by Lynn Austin

Go down

Return to Me (The Restoration Chronicles #1) by Lynn Austin Empty Return to Me (The Restoration Chronicles #1) by Lynn Austin

Post  WRB Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:29 pm

The 70 years of captivity are nearly over. The people of Babylon were told that they should return home, that a new exodus from slavery would be provided. They were instructed to return to Jerusalem, the land that was promised to Abraham, and rebuild the Temple.

Iddo made the decision to return to Jerusalem, but his family became divided. He firmly believed if they stayed in Babylon, surrounded by pagan people and their wicked ways, they would become just like them. Iddo's sons told him to look around to see what he had now, here in Babylon, instead of longing for the past or trying to see into the future. They accused Iddo of living in a dream world. They had many doubts and questions and weren't willing to make the journey to Jerusalem. Sadness always seemed to hover over Iddo. He was plagued with nightmares about his past life. He still carried a lot of grief and hurt from his younger days in Jerusalem, but he was still able to move on, in spite of those days.

42,000 people from Babylon start the journey to Jerusalem in small caravans, leaving a day apart. Leaving many of their family members behind, Iddo, Dinah, and their grandson Zachariah begin the arduous journey for the promised land. But when they arrive, Jerusalem is no longer the beautiful city the psalmists described. Restoring it would be challenging, and the story unfolds ----

This is a story of new beginnings with a rich blend of history, faith, and redemption. The complex characters are well portrayed, bringing the biblical history to life. A beautifully written story and one that I highly recommend. My rating - 5 stars. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

I was provided a copy of this book from Bethany House Publishers to read and review. All opinions shared are solely my responsibility.  Other reviews can be read on http://www.bookreviewsbywanda.blogspot.com

WRB

Back to top Go down