PeCo Libraries
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All For A Song by Allison Pittman (Kindle Edition)

Go down

All For A Song by Allison Pittman (Kindle Edition) Empty All For A Song by Allison Pittman (Kindle Edition)

Post  WRB Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:02 pm

I was easily submerged into the era of the Roaring Twenties with the descriptive writing and the historical details. The author weaves the past with the present in a unique way - very cleverly done. And the book has a strong message that deals with temptation, faith, forgiveness, and redemption.

This is the story of Dorothy Lynn, beginning at the end of her life, at the age of 107, in the present time.
The storyline flips back in time to the Roaring Twenties when she is 19. She is about to marry a new pastor at her church. Dorothy Lynn, who seems to have some pre-wedding jitters, visits her sister in St. Louis, before the wedding, and her life is about to change. She stumbles onto a woman evangelist, Aimee Semple McPherson, and suddenly temptations enter into her once simplistic life. And the story unfolds ---

Unfortunately, the storyline fell flat for me. I kept thinking this will get better, but it just lacked any kind of real emotion and I never connected with the characters.

This was my first time reading an Allison Pittman book and it was rather disappointing, but I will try another - I did like her style of writing.

An interesting passage from the book - "Sometimes you need a good dose of what you don't want before you can know what you truly do."

WRB

Back to top Go down