PeCo Libraries
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Within My Heart by Tamera Alexander

2 posters

Go down

Within My Heart by Tamera Alexander Empty Within My Heart by Tamera Alexander

Post  WRB Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:56 am

This historical fiction is a wonderful read! The third book of the Timber Ridge Reflection Series draws you in from the start with an enticing prologue. The story takes place in the late 1800's, post civil war, in Timber Ridge, Colorado. The scenery comes alive with the vivid description of the setting in the Rocky Mountains. The characters are realistic and certainly not without flaws. Rachael Boyd is still recovering from the loss of ther husband and deep wounds of the past. Dr. Rand Brookston is also dealing with problems of the past and his terrifying ordeal of being buried alive during the civil war. The book takes you on an emotinal journey with many bittersweet moments throughout. The book was written with so much depth that I was really taken in almost from the start. There are lessons of love, forgiveness, and courage. Also, the beautiful rendered promise ... saying our goodbyes to loved ones here on earth are only temporary goodbyes. So profound! This was one of my favorites by Tamera Alexander .... just superb! 6/5/12

WRB

Back to top Go down

Within My Heart by Tamera Alexander Empty This sounds so good.

Post  kfw Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:31 pm

I'm not familiar with the Timber Ridge Reflection series. Can it be read as a "stand alone" book, or would it be best to start from book one of the series?

kfw

Back to top Go down