Snowblind by Christopher Golden

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Snowblind by Christopher Golden

Post  WRB on Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:24 pm

The city of Coventry had given itself over to the storm. Roads became impassable, even the snow plows weren't making many appearances. The snow blanketed everything, creating drifts that resembled ocean waves on the streets. Sixteen inches of ice and snow were predicted and this blizzard would long be remembered with fear and haunting memories. Eighteen people had died or disappeared in this blizzard.

Now, twelve years later, another blizzard is predicted and people are becoming unsettled. The police department is receiving many calls from folks in Coventry, claiming that they have seen ghosts, and the possibility that the dead lingered on is causing fear and uneasiness in the town. And the story unfolds ---

I was swept into the storyline early on with its well constructed plot, fully expecting a riveting thriller. Unfortunately, as the story continued, it just lost the excitement and fell rather flat for me. The book certainly had an interesting premise, but just never developed a crescendo of suspense and had a rather luke-warm ending. This was an interesting book, but not one I'd enthusiastically recommend. 3 stars.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.  Expected date of publication is January 21, 2014.

WRB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top