PeCo Libraries
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Life List by Lori Nelson Spielman

Go down

The Life List by Lori Nelson Spielman Empty The Life List by Lori Nelson Spielman

Post  WRB Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:37 pm

Elizabeth Bohlinger, an Extraordinary woman, mother, grandmother, and friend, was a remarkable woman who touched so many lives so profoundly. And now she was gone, her diagnosis and death had come so quickly.

Brett, age 34, is the only one of the Bohlinger children who is single. Brett assumes she will become president of Bohlinger Cosmetics and she is not feeling confident that she can handle it. The company had become a mutltmillion dollar enterprise largely because of Catherine, Brett's sister-in-law, who was vice president and very competent with a good head for business. Brett is humiliated when the will is read and Catherine inherits her mother's shares of Bohlinger Cosmetics, making Catherine the CEO of the company. But, the biggest shock is when Brett finds out she must complete a life list before she receives her inheritance - a list of goals written by Brett when she was 14 years old - a ludicrous list that will mean major life revisions. And the story unfolds ---

Brett was a lovable character with a genuine sweetness about her, but her life seemed to be lacking a basic human need called love. Her mom took a huge gamble, trying to fix Brett's life. She wanted to ensure Brett's happiness and was calling all the shots for each scene in her life by forcing Brett to venture out of her comfort zone and complete this list.

Quote from the book - "There will be another sky, my love, just you wait."

This beautifully structured story touched my heart. The story was brought to life by the unique characters and I enjoyed the splashes of humor spread throughout. I also felt the sadness of Brett's loss of her mother - very poignant. And all the loose ends were tied up neatly at the end. Just an incredible debut novel by an amazing writer! Most definitely a favorite for 2013 with a 5 star rating. Don't miss this one.

WRB

Back to top Go down