PeCo Libraries
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Night Is Forever (Krewe of Hunters #11) by Heather Graham

Go down

The Night Is Forever (Krewe of Hunters #11) by Heather Graham Empty The Night Is Forever (Krewe of Hunters #11) by Heather Graham

Post  WRB Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:49 pm

The story begins when Olivia Gordon discovers Marcus Danby, dead in a ravine. His death was made to look like an accident, but Olivia is certain Marcus was murdered. Marcus comes back as a ghost and talks to Olivia and asks her to help him. He tells her he was murdered.

Marcus Danby founded the horse Farm, a therapy center, that was located near Nashville. The Horse Farm had been Marcus's passion and his life. His door was opened to any abandoned creature. Marcus brought in clients - patients to work with horses - or dogs sometimes. The Horse Farm was extremely well respected. And now, Olivia and the rest of the employees, at the Horse Farm, had to move forward with the work Marcus had deemed so important.

Olivia worked at the Horse Farm as a therapist. She did impressive work with the horses, but what she managed with people was equally beautiful. She was loved and respected by everyone. Olivia had the ability to see ghosts and talk to them. She was told she was like a ghost magnet and some called it a gift, but some called it a curse. She shared this ability with her cousin, Malachi, who was in charge of the Krewe, an FBI Unit of Paranormals.

Special Agent Dustin Blake, my favorite character, was quite charming. Dustin comes to Nashville, at the request of Malachi, to investigate the death of Marcus. He also shares the gift of seeing ghosts. There is a strong chemistry between Olivia and Dustin and a romance slowly develops and an investigation that leads in many directions. And the plot thickens!

This book includes mystery, paranormal, and romance. The author had such a creative way of weaving together this multi layered story. I found myself engaged in the storyline early on. I did not anticipate the ending and I must say, I was a bit disappointed, not finding it to be plausible. Also, there were many secondary characters and I found myself confused at times.

The author really elaborates on the paranormal encounters, going into much depth - very interesting! I also liked the bit of Civil War history interjected through the ghost encounters. Yes, I would recommend this book, especially to those of you who are into paranormal - you'll love it. My rating is 4 stars. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

I received a complementary copy of this book from NetGalley and Harlequin to review. All opinions shared are my own.

WRB

Back to top Go down