PeCo Libraries
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Banks of Certain Rivers by Jon Harrison (Kindle Edition)

Go down

The Banks of Certain Rivers by Jon Harrison (Kindle Edition) Empty The Banks of Certain Rivers by Jon Harrison (Kindle Edition)

Post  WRB Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:42 pm

Neil Kazenzakis is a respected teacher employed by the Port Manitor School District. He is directed to attend an educational conference in Wisconsin and takes with him his wife, Wendy, and young son, Christopher. It was to be a relaxing mini vacation for them. Then - the unthinkable happens - a terrible accident in the pool and Wendy is flown to the University Hospital which leaves her in a vegetative condition. And the story unfolds ----

This is a captivating story about the power of family love, loss and survival. The author does an amazing job of getting into the hearts and minds of the characters and a lot of drama unfolds. One negative comment - I struggled with this book early on for several chapters, almost giving up - too much information. But I'm glad I continued on because eventually the storyline started to flow. There were splashes of humor spread throughout and I especially loved the father-son relationship between Neil and Chris - very touching.

The last several chapters and the ending were beautifully written with poignancy that will touch your heart. And the ending is filled with new beginnings.

This is a wonderful debut novel by Jon Harrison and I'll be watching for future books by this writer.

WRB

Back to top Go down