PeCo Libraries
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons (books 1 & 2 of Trilogy)

Go down

The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons (books 1 & 2 of Trilogy) Empty The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons (books 1 & 2 of Trilogy)

Post  WRB Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:24 pm

The Siege of Leningrad lasted 872 days and caused unparalleled famine. There were disruptions of water, energy, and food supplies - just horrible conditions! The author surely succeeded in bringing Soviet Russia to life.

It is the summer of 1941 in Leningrad and an announcement is heard over the radio. The German army has invaded and the country is at war. And the story begins --- this is the backdrop for a beautiful love story between Alexander and Tatiana - a love wrapped in survival and tragedy - a story of loyalty and sacrifice.

This is simply one of the best and most powerful novels I've ever read and a story I'll not soon forget. It is a very long series, but truly worth the time. I'll be reading The Summer Garden, the 3rd book in the trilogy, sometime soon. An amazing read!

WRB

Back to top Go down