The Comfort of Lies by Randy Susan Meyers

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Comfort of Lies by Randy Susan Meyers

Post  WRB on Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:52 am

A multi-faceted story about three women and how an extra-marital affair threatens to destroy their lives.

Juliette and Nathan have a seemingly good marriage, with two beautiful sons, but then things go awry when Nathan steps out of bounds. Tia found Nathan to be perfect. She was twenty four, he was thirty seven, and this was the first time she'd been loved by a man of substance. The universe existed because of him. When Tia becomes pregnant with Nathan's child he is adamant that she not have the baby.

Five years after the child, Savannah, is born, the repercussions of the affair surge and the outcome of uncertainty develops.

Peter and Caroline both share a love for work, but Peter wants a family - preferably a large one. Peter would be a wonderful father, but Caroline doesn't share those same longings. That twenty-four-hour-a-day commitment for raising children wasn't in her.

And the story continues, but at a slow pace. The execution of the story was lacking and I just couldn't become engaged. I found the characters unlikeable and the story implausible with a rather predictable ending. All of these factors diminished my enjoyment of the book. It just didn't grab my attention.

One interesting quote from the book:
It is better to be told a hurtful truth than to be told a comforting lie. In the end, the truth will make its way out and will hurt much more than it ever had to. - Anonymous.

WRB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top