PeCo Libraries
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dancing on Broken Glass by Ka Hancock

Go down

Dancing on Broken Glass by Ka Hancock Empty Dancing on Broken Glass by Ka Hancock

Post  WRB Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:14 pm

This is one of the most emotional and heart-wrenching books I've ever read. A story about deep family love, sacrifice, pain, grief, and survival. Just an incredible book!

Breast cancer has wiped out Lucy Houston's maternal line - she has faulty genes. Mickey Chandler is seriously flawed with bipolar disorder. Their captivating romance should never have happened, but Mickey and Lucy marry despite the odds against them.

Every day Mickey fights to be his best self and when he slips the consequences can be devastating. Because of Lucy, Mickey has a life that he never dared to dream about. Lucy and Mickey decide early on in their marriage that babies will never fit into their equation, but that never takes away the want. Life with Mickey will be like dancing barefoot on broken glass, but Lucy will dance with him forever, if she can.

The writer does a beautiful job getting into the hearts and minds of the characters. An outstanding debut novel! I'll be watching for more from Ka Hancock. I highly recommend.

WRB

Back to top Go down